Tuesday, 10 May 2011

Picasso - Editions Madoura

I thought I would share this one with you. This little birdie started my the slippery slope down in to the world of online trading. This was a bit of a discovery in a box of "sundry pottery" at an auction house that should have known.


Yes, found an original Picasso !! should sell up retire and move to the South of France. Well, no, but it was a nice way to start a new business. There was a time when I honestly believed I could run my business without the need of a computer, yes I am a technophobic Luddite, out there smashing machines. Owning this little jug clearly focus my mind on the fact that I needed access to real art buyers, other than putting this back into an auction where they knew about then I was lost.

This is where eBay comes to the rescue. I forced my self to buy a reasonably pricey PC, digital camera etc and set myself up with an eBay account. This was not the first item I sold but certainly within the first 10 and it did pay for the PC !! Free computing !! of course not.


Sorry about the quality of the pictures, my early attempt were terrible. I am now surprised it sold as well as it did, although it was cheap by today's values, this was over 10 years ago. And I am still a technophobic Luddite who does not need technology. I do not even own an iPhone !!
Post a Comment